Sunday, February 27, 2005

Black...

Well, one reallllllly gud movie from bollywood at last.

After repeated endeavours to get a ticket to the movie 'Black', I was indeed fortunate to get it last weekend. I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning as I had got a lot of hype about the movie. I am always afraid of hype as many a times many good films ended up with me as an anti-climax. but 'Black' was an exception. Inspite of the N number of rave reviews and endless accolades showered by my friends, it did live upto the expectations, or rather, surpassed them all!!!!!!

Rarely do I get emotional. Particularly, when it comes to movies, it is pretty rare and I can count such instances witht he fingers on my one hand (there are only two as far as I can remember-Pasamalar(shivaji) and 'vedham pudhidhu'). But there are two stark differences between 'black' and other movies that exercised my lachrymal glands. In the other movies, tears rolled down towards the climax and because of an extremely miserable state of affairs. But to the contrary, whenever Rani Mukherjee triumphed against all odds in her life, tears of joy were pouring down.

Amitabh and Rani have given their career best in this movie. The technical aspects of the movie were impeccable. Kudos to the entire team with a special mention about Sanjay Leela Bhansali as it would be a sin if I didnt mention the name of the creator of this wonderful movie. Though Anto claims that SLB had done a blatant plagiarism by remaking 'The Miracle Worker" and not revealing it to the public, I am still happy that this plagiarism has helped us all to know that such a brilliant teacher did exist "Anne sullivan"!!!Helen Keller being the student goes without a saying...

There was one message which I really liked in the movie....Living a life to lead others live a life!!!!!

BLACK: An eye opener in many ways.

3 comments:

Gokul S said...

Ossum movie. could have an Oscar winner in our hands.

Anonymous said...

one amazing movie!! no colour, no songs, no dance, no villain, no special sequences, no action, no glamour, just pure raw emotions and a terrific storyline... kinda hard to believe such a story but that is what BLACK is all about, believing in the unbelievable. a delicate yet impressive piece of work by SLB. this could easily become one of the best movies i have seen.

Maha said...

great post yar....


Work From Home India