Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A medley of idiosyncrasies...

Better read this as a prologue
http://nareshchandrasekaran.blogspot.com/2005/10/life-and-fun-at-hyderabad.html

Well, a quirky idea sprang upon me as I was idling in front of my computer on what is a public holiday for many (Saraswathi pooja). I thought I'll put a few words about each of the janthus (read dear friends) I am living daily with. The following is the short description of what I'll associate with each one of them as soon as I hear their names.

1. Moothai (aka Anto sometimes)
a) The funny pronunciations. In anto's words "paathikku kaadu ketkaadu" doesn't even remotely connect to any forest (kaadu) or half (paathi) of anything. It just means "paatikku kaadhu ketkaadhu"
b) The portable pillows (read as belly)

2. Psycho/Korangu/Lassi/ Highly unparliamentary biological reference (rarely known as Raghu)
The hyperactive nonsense with an obsession to all food stuff that I hate. His peak in the nonsensical but rhyming ghazals have reduced, thanks to Moothai and I for taking over the reigns of kadi

3. Peeee/KoPeeeeee (also Arun)
I can never forget the Kopeeeee comedy in my lifetime (too unparliamentary to put over here). A highly process oriented person; an obsessed movie fan who'll watch movies for aspects which most even don't know exist; one who watches sports which I can hardly savor (F1, football....yuckkkkkkkkkk)

4.Bhooo/Kadiyan (Raghu has an obsecene way of slandering) (Frequently Bhoobi)
What he considers play of words and pun is the most horrible thing one can ever experience in terms of Mokkai, Kadi, Blade, or whatever you may call it. An excellent cook and a highly responsible person. The one who makes our house looks, at least at times, not like that of bachelors.

5. Jaybee/Sappaan (mostly JP)
Silent and poised with amazing unexpected funny cracks. Again an excellent cook. Among all the people I slander, I am at a loss of words when it comes to JP as I don't find much about him to tease :)) For that matter, not many will find either.

6. Kuruma/Maadu (aka Arvi)
Amazing eater and a ghee-obsessed person;-)
Many a times I have enjoyed his repartees with Raghu and comments in general.
The one and only bastion standing tall protecting the premises of Jee-Kaapee (Z-cafe). "Thunbathilum inbam kaanbavan" (One who sees happiness even during times of unhappiness). To elaborate, the one who derives happiness from the unhappiness of the rest of the world (when Jee-kaapeee is running)

7. Nuttu (aka Naresh)
The man of grandeur who always goes for the highest priced tags (whatever be it: from an undi to a suit)
The perfect fraud ;-) //Not many can decipher anything out of this except for the above mentioned frauds
An amazing narrator of incidents
A fundamental physict who sees matter in everything ;-)


It is a medley of all these idiosyncrasies that makes life out here interesting and most important of all : ENJOYABLE......

8 comments:

Ananth said...

I thought it is not fair if ramasamy is not defined in this elegant hall of fame. Here goes my definition:
8. Pooo (aka Ramasamy Pullapan, Ramasamy pushapan, ....)
The guy who is only as much disciplined as it needs to be. A budding singer. (Bathroom singer i meant). Wants to sing for ARR one day. (Though i really doubt if ARR will want his studio moved to Poo's bathroom.) A tester at heart. (Who else would pore over a movie finding places where the camera shadow is seen on the screen. That too A mani ratnam's movie.
Enna nee mattum dan engalam kalasalama? Poda panni. Poda bunny. Poda funny. Poda manni. Poda thanni. Poda gunny....

Naresh Chandrasekaran said...

8. Poooo/Rampuu (aka Rams)
Straight Opposite to me in spending. Enjoys jokes/comedies by laughing his heart out. When Rams laughs, you will hardly hear anything but his peculiar laughing sounds. Good analyzer of food, even though a bad cook. Tasteful person.

Anand said...

The nick names are tooo professional ;) good :P

But where are our Bunty and KKOODU?

Gokul S said...

Eggzackly ! What about Koodu and Bunti ? Are they too much for words ? :)

Rams said...

Not that way. If you read the post carefully, it says "...I thought I'll put a few words about each of the janthus (read dear friends) I am living DAILY with."

That's why they don't find a mention there. I meet Parthi, mey be once in a month or so and meeting Koodu is worse [Baadu-koodu doesn't come this way to meet guys u see;-)]

Fathima Sagar said...

Hey, saw the nickname "Poooo". Reminded me Kareena in Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham. For non-viewers of K3G, "Pooo" is Kareena's nickname.

Anand said...

wow.... kalakura ramsu.... kareeena nick name ellam unakku... pramatham... :P

Maha said...

nice post yar.......





Work From Home India