Friday, October 07, 2005

Unnodu Naan...

I know that I have been pretty irregular with blogging and laziness is the major reason for that.

Well, of late, I have been obsessed by one particular song from the movie Iruvar. This is actually a bit song (approx 2.5 mins) which begins "Unnodu naan...". This song (or rather vers interspersed with music) is rendered in the movie by Prakashraj during his intimate moments with Tabu.

When the cassettes came around 8 years back, this song didn't make much of an impression on me.

But now, I am growing mad over it. The voice of Arvindswamy, the occasional harmony (by Dominique, if I remember properly), the lyrics, the music in the background.....make me fanatically obsessed with this piece

1. Arvind's modulation of voice (tha passion and pathos are well rendered)
2. Vairamuthu's excellent verses
3. In my opinion, the most powerful reason : the backing vocals

You can download it from
http://web.music.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=199164

Thank you Rahman, for another masterpiece...

2 comments:

Anand said...

Havent heard this song before... its very nice...

Maha said...

great post and thanks for the link yar....



Work From Home India