Friday, November 11, 2005

Shameless shams

Today, I happened to visit the blogs one of the budding playback singers in the Tamil Industry. I visit her space sporadically and she had one particular post where she had talked about how a particular post was lost when she tried uploading it.

Being a very popular singer, her posts attract a large number of comments. As usual this post also saw a large number of comments. Many of them suggested saving a copy before posting, some other helpful software and such things. There were 17 such useful tips/empathy messages, none of which drew a response from this star.
Then, one particular guy, using a bug in the blogger, posted a comment in that singer's identity. Immediately came a furious reply from the singer followed by a few exchanges betweent he 'hacker' and the 'star'. Subsequent to this, I posted a comment on the singer's post which more or less, read something like...

"One interesting observation...Human beings generally tend to focus on the negatives more easily than the positives. So many people had given so much useful information, but they weren't able to attract a response but one hacked message is able to genereate an immediate response. Nice way to gain a person's attention na? Sorry about your lost post"

Now, to my surprise (and anger), when I returned to her blog sometime later, I found my comment missing and there was a new post. The new post carried a thank you all message (to all the commenters of the aforementioned post) and that the hack issue had been resolved.

What I am irritated about is why are people afraid to accept criticisms. By deleting my comment and subsequently sending a thank you message to the others, she has shamelessly concealed the whole incident. I definitely hate this whole attitude. And worse, it seems she's also involved psychology... Wonder what her patients will go thru a sham psychologist...

I am not going to reveal her name and hence attract more hits to her blog. I'll tell you, I was and still am mad with her God-gifted voice, but my obsession stops there. As a person, the lesser said, the better.

This is not a problem with her alone. Being in a star status and also being easy-to access (thanks to the blogger) she would have resorted to such a mean act. But many of us are like that. (Please note that I ain't perfect either...Just that I hate this attitude) We have ugly faces and we try to cover it up all the times in front of others. Why all this...

10 comments:

Fathima Sagar said...

Rams, my God, u made my work tough. I had to google, Tamil+Singer+Psychology+hacker+lost post - not all this together. Using "Search inside results" and using the right hierarchy. Uf!
At last I am happy to say I found out that blog and even saw the post.
I have seen her closely when she came to GCT as a chief guest for a cultural function.
Ok, I think I am deviating from the purpose of ur post.
But still, I am happy that I was able to find her.

Anonymous said...

good post rams.. fathima, u spoilt his attempt in concealing the name..

Anonymous said...

dei...u guys r just getting amazingly (not annoyingly till now) funny...when did u ppl get sooo philosophical in life analyzing things logically and rationally..haha...seriously da,..just happened to read some of ur posts and i have been laughing all along..romba vettiya life la??...anyways enjoy in ur own way..
-ramji

Fathima Sagar said...

Hi Anonymous, I din'specify the name of blopost link here naa?

Anonymous said...

The way i see it, one better thing she could have done is to have thanked you personally (by mail, if possible) for pointing out her shortcoming.

Other than this, i don't find anything wrong in the way she acted on your comment. Afterall, she expects an insignificant number of people to visit her blog and wouldn't prefer her own blog talking against her.

Anonymous said...

hey...FYI...the whole site has been remodified...the posts regarding all the hacks..and counter "thanks" ...have all been removed...god knows what people are going thro !!!

Priya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happened to pass by ur blog.. nice one

I think this is jus human psychology... infact thr's a story tht goes like this.

" A hardworking guy opened a snacks shop in a highly competitive mid town area. His board read "Snak Corner". Couple of hours after he started business a guy came in and said 'Sir, You have spelt snack wrongly on ur billboard'. The owner said 'Thanks sir. Will def change it.. BTW, do u like to try out our specialty dish'. The guy said 'Why not.. ' and had some stuff. Half an hour later another guy barged in to point out the mistake and the same act was enacted. He finally had some sweets and left. The act continued for days to come and the place soon gained popularity. The owner never changed the spelling... If he had spelt it right he would have waited forever for his first customer. but now, he had people flowing in to point out the negatives.."

Ganesh Jeyaraman said...

Hi,
This is Ganesh J(was ur junior by 2 years at CEG) BE CSE...love all ur posts.....extremely refreshing..btw, regarding this current topic, I happened to visit the blog of one of ur batchmates (in Hyd only), again a person who sings,...listened to one of the songs uploaded by the person,....found 33 comments....all appreciative only...I just included a comment about how the person went off-scale at some places and was a wee bit critical... and guess wat?..the first thing i see the next day morning is, my comment gets deleted!!..If an ordinary person can shy away from criticism to this extent, why talk of celebrities?..

Maha said...

nice post yar....

Work From Home India