Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I want...I want...I want them all

Two years into the industry...

I felt I was complaining always, but not knowing what I wanted...Just took sometime to come up with this list...

The kind of ideal work I'll do should

1. Be enjoyable or to be more specific, it should be intellectually satisfying...
Like solving an interesting pbm...less of coding from my side but more of intellectual input from my side...to put it in a nut shell, I love solving a problem but not implementing it.
2. Pay me good (should be around the industry high standards)
3. Not pressurize me (I hate tight timelines).It should give me sufficient time to work
4. Gives me a proper work life balance. I am not ready to work more than 10 hrs a day
5. Make some sense to me...
For eg I would be happier solving a mathematical problem rather than testing the "about me" menu in some super famous software, say MS Word.
6. Have flexi timings...I'll come and go whenever I want to...But I'll ge tthe work done.
7. Provide oppurtunities to work in more than one country...Yes, I want to explore the world and my purse is weak...

Are those greedy...I care not...

5 comments:

Anand said...

Interesting wants... just wondering how much we get of what we want :) good that u are able to atleast list ur wants properly...

p.s: did u show it to your manager ;)

Gokul S said...

read somewhere that dreams that are written down have enormous power. All the best.

Karthik said...

mine is pretty similar to yours too!

but we should be patient. it should take some more time. moreover, we should be ready for such a life.

Anonymous said...

So two years to really understand what you wanted.. But now that it has been figured, i think it should be rather easy to achieve them as one gets what one wants(ofcourse hard work is a assumed !!)....

Maha said...

ya that's right ... nice post



Work From Home India