Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thiruvasagam

Everytime I "simply" listen to thiruvasagam, that is, just listen to it without doing anyhthing else, it brings me to tears. Such is the intensity of the words. Such is the intensity of the composition. Ilayaraja avargalukku eththanai murai vendumaanalum nandri sollalaam (Respected Ilayaraja can be thanked how many ever times one wants to...)

Searched for the English translation for thiruvasagam and ended up reading the meaning of a lot of verses. The content is simply mind blowing. Today, reading thiruvasagam has moved me a lot. Life within me is responding in a way I haven't known before...

Pullaagi poodai puzhuvaai maramaagi
Palvirugamaagi paravayaai paambaagi
Kallaai manidharaai peyaai gangalaai vallasuraraagi
Munivaraai devaraai selladhindru iththaavarsangamathul
Ellaa pirappum pirandhilaithen pirandhilaithen...
(So many forms I must wear, so many lives I must bear... )

Uyya en ullathul Omkaaramaai nindra Mei-ye
Omkaaramaai nindra Mei-ye

Namahshivaaya vaazhga...

5 comments:

Gokul S said...

Give the link for the english translation of Thiruvasagam da..

Deepak said...

summAvA sonnAnga, "thiruvAsagaththukku urugAthAr oru vAsagathukkum urugAthAr" nu.

BTW, these lines that you are referring to are not the actual translation of the tamil verses (I hope you know the background story).

I think it is impossible to translate thiruvAsagam in English without losing the original spirit of the album. The spirituality, culture and tamil are inseparably fused together. MV must have been in a different state altogether when he created this.

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

Rama, i m reading ur blog for quiet sometime...i can see a magnanimous transformation from a 'boy' to a 'man'. good work Rama !!!!!

(naanellam still, nee school la paathatha vida mosamaa irukken :-( )

Unknown said...

Vannakkam Ramasamy!

I am a Tamil American hip-hop rock Tamil artist.

Checkout my music at:
http://www.myspace.com/theprophetnamedprem

Nanri!

Unknown said...

if would have been written in tamil means it will effect more yar...


Work from home India