Thursday, October 30, 2008

Isai...

One of the everyday activities for me is to indulge in music... be it singing along, or just listening, or both or working alongside music... but music is an essential part of my everyday life... My interest in music grew primarily from Film music... Tamil film music to be particular... since advent of A.R.Rahman in Roja, to be even more particular... Ever since my interest in music has only grown and that little master never ceases to amaze me and continues to captivate me... It was after A.R.Rahman that I started to listen to the older compositions of Ilayaraja, another master with his own niche... The interest in Irish music and western classical violin stemmed out of exposure to these genres in the recent past, thanks to youtube...

Music isn't just entertainment... It takes me to various states depending on what I am listening to... Music does definitely have an impact on your inner nature, in my experience...

As is eating and sleeping, so is music, to me... This post stands in thankfulness to the above people for being a part of my life, everyday...

2 comments:

Ananth said...

"Music isn't just entertainment... It takes me to various states depending on what I am listening to..." Really true.
I am eternally astonished as to how simple physical sounds become music and how that music has the capacity to move a being.
I am currently listening to Ilayaraja's Thiruvasagam and it overwhelms me every time i listen to it. The devotion that feel every time i listen to it though fleeting is undeniable.

Unknown said...

the title itself saying more about the post yar.... really happy to find this blog...

Work from home India