Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mirage

To leave behind a legacy, that cannot stand Time,
To extend the lineage, that knows not the Origin,
To maintain the glory of the caste, that I did not choose to be born into,
Can't you see Dear, all but futile attempts to live Beyond
The inevitable hands of physical mortality...

Immortal, Limitless, Unbounded...
Call it whatever you want...
The fundamental need is the same...
Only the expression differs...
For you and me...

In your quest, you charter my Life
And in my quest, I charter, again, my Life...
Never may understand my ways
But that is not going to stop me
From pulling you Home.

p.s: This had been lying in the drafts for quite a while. Now that I decided to post it, couldn't think of any title. So, if you were looking for the reason for the title, can I say

Dry and parched, Too thirsty am I
A mirage can't quench anymore...

No comments: