Monday, March 08, 2010

First post of this year

And it took this long a time due to the frenzy of activities I was in. Trips to Mumbai, Goa and then the Bhairavi consecration, Yaksha, Mahashivarathri, Samyama and now again on trips... A very peculiar thing came up this week (the FB status). I was suddenly asked to make a trip to Africa which threw me by surprise (a pleasant one) but due to certain health related formalities that couldn't be completed on time I couldn't make it... But definitely some karma in play :-)

And I saw Vinnaithandi varuvaya! One word verdict: Awesome! I loved the movie every bit of it. The best part of the movie was the music. Music was the constant character in the movie apart from Simbhu and Trisha. I love strong female characters and Gowtham Menon is an expert in that genre... The way the story was told, the whimsical Jessi, the pursuant Karthik, the painfully moving background score, the rich songs, the gentle humor in line with the story, the on-the-mark-lyrics, some very very interesting scene conceptualisation... it was just so perfect... like an alaipayuthey... If I were to cringe about anything in the movie, it would be the song picturisation. Most of them were in dark and when the songs came out, as I ran it in my mind, I had imagined more expressive, more colorful close-up picturisation. I have no complaints about the song positioning, but just the way it was shot, it could have been better.

I am definitely looking forward to more of the GVM-ARR combos, like Mani-ARR :-) I love this man's music taste... Very much of that sort that I would love! Going by the +ve reviews in the net, VTV can very well become the alaipayuthey of this decade, exactly 10 years after that super hit.

Good job VTV team! Looking forward to more...

2 comments:

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

Where's the detailed review on this album ?????

waiting................

Unknown said...

Isha Africa Outreach? WOW. Jump at it the next time!