Thursday, August 24, 2006

From the other perspective...

I opened my eyes... What is this I am seeing!!!I really cannot imagine this...I really cannot...I really cannot...

As I sat there watching helplessly, the reality begun to sink in. I took a look around slowly.
I was locked up in a 6 feet by 3 feet rectangular cell. I could see a huge array of such cells. The cells were meshed...even the bottoms were meshed. I couldn't even stand properly. Of the options I had, I could either stand or sit. Period.

There were so many of others too. As I sat I noticed my legs were very weak. They had attenuated due to continuous lack of usage. As I was trying to think why I hadn't used my legs for long, something warm dripped on me. Was it some shower?

Yuck, it smelled weird. It took sometime for me to realize that it was the outburst of someone's bladder. If you were thinking that I was spared of some feces on me, you are wrong. The place started stinking. But I could do nothing but sit in this hell. I can only expect death now, for nothing could be better...a peaceful painless death.

As I was sitting, I noticed there were females too. Most of them were pregnant. Ahh, I was better off I thought. It should be more than hell for them to be sitting in these cells with babies within them. I could hear a few in labour pain and soon they delivered their babies. Were angels born in hell?

Soon one of the guards came and took away the newly born ones from their helpless moms. Worse, another guard clad in a white, with some medicine in his hand, started injecting the unconceived ladies with some shots. My neighbor told they were being made pregnant the artifical way. The very rules of Nature are totally non-existent here!!!

Unable to bear any of these anymore I started shouting. As I was rebelling, I saw my cell getting opened. I was pulled out by my legs. As I was taken by my legs to somewhere, I could see the dead bodies of my fellow mates hanging without any skin. I also saw the newly born ones, all asleep, getting packaged to elsewhere.

I was brought to a huge plank of wood that reeked of blood smell. There was a gargantuan guard standing there and what did I see in the guard's hand. A white shining knife!!!!!

Ahhh....Death at last...This was what I was waiting for... I expected him to chop of my head so that I can die in just a flash. He slowly took his knife.

Let me take my last breath...I took a long breath with closed eyes.

Crrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

Am I dead...As I opened my eyes, I realised my neck was slit but head not severed. I slowly saw that I was getting drowned in a big drum of water.

As I closed my eyes for the last time, I muttered
"Oh God, even death, after such a torturful life, is the worst anyone can get. Why...Why...Why the hell did you send me here as a Chicken......"

Note 1: This post is NOT yet another crap post of mine. It made a lot of sense to me...to look at the scene from the hen's perspective for a change.

Note 2: I am not advocating vegetarianism or vegan-ism. Just sketching the flow of my mind through the eyes of a chicken.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

dei dei .....
mrm

Ananth said...

Good one da...
I really did not see this one coming...:-)

Vetti Payyan Talks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vetti Payyan Talks said...

ithukkkkunne ukkanthu yosippanga pola??!!!

nice post...

Anonymous said...

stunning piece da !!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Piece of work! Try making it into a short film/animation or something :-)


P.S.: I still don't think i'd stop eating chicken :-D

Prasanna said...

wow! I am just amazed...not everyone can think like this...

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece! We can also extend this by thinking in the perspective of a tree, a crop or even a bacteria (the good ones). Basically all these are grown by men with the intention of killing and just because they don't shout or don't bleed doesn't mean they don't suffer... if we are to pity these too i wonder whether we will have anything left to eat.

Note 1: I'm not supporting non-vegism but just extending the crux of the post.

Anonymous said...

I loved it da...

BAghu

Mishi said...

Quite intriguing the way of putting your thoughts from a bird's eyes.
But its not easy to stay vegetarian if you stay out of India. I have seen vegetarians taking beef and pork, just to get a business deal done:-)

Anonymous said...

awesome Rams! Infact I watched an awful video depicting the same scene in reality and stopped eating Chicken. They way you wrote is really coooooool

Gokul S said...

athellam seri... but ippadi solravanga ellam wear nice genuine leather shoes, use cosmetics tested on animals and so on and so forth. Point is, why tug at the strings of one's heart if anyways one is bloody harming animals in other ways. Vegetarianism is an incomplete attempt towards humane treatment of animals. No point pushing the point of vegetarianism too far.

Anonymous said...

Awesome da! Liked it a lot. Going to re-read it now!

Prasad said...

That was good!! Stop killing chicken!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece of writing Rams! It really touched my heart. After reading this, I wouldn't say I have completely stopped eating chicken. But whenever I eat chicken, this article runs thru my mind, and it creates a kind of wicked feeling that cannot be explained in words. As matter of fact, one life needs to be killed for the other life to survive, whether it's a plant, fruit, bird or animal...everything is a form of life.
Certainly this article has created a certain kind of awareness to me (even to my wife and a couple of my colleagues). Thanks.

- Sudhakar
  Chennai

Ranajoy Sanyal said...

nice post....Took me back all those years when for the first time I saw chickens being slaughtered.Its awful, and revolting.But do we have a solution? (apart from giving chickens a painless death. maybe)

VAC said...

Awesome post... Keep them coming by the truckloads... Jus love the subtlety of these posts...

Maha said...

great post yar....awesome...



Work From Home India