Friday, December 24, 2004

In the silence of the woods...

In the silence of the Woods, I lay still,
An occasional gust of wind, full of chill,
A howling wolf and rattling leaves, is all that I hear,
I stand here all alone, with no fear.

I seek not the glory and fame,
Nor am I the target of gory and shame,
The scorching sun and nipping cold,
I endure them strong and bold.

Be it the prince, or the pauper,
The billionaire, or his chauffer,
I consume everyone's pride,
Who ever comes by my stride.

I am the destination of the journey of life
I am the sink to all the problems rife
I am the ONE, for everyone,
For, all of you end up in me, the coffin!


10 comments:

Fathima Sagar said...

Coffin looks beautiful in ur words!

Prasanna S said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rams,

The poem is great!

Is this your own Ramblings?

Bye,
Murugu

Rams said...

Murr, I dint exactly get what u meant by 'is this ur own ramblings?'
If u meant, is the poem urs, then the answer is YES-it is indeed written by me :)
And the thoughts on this page are purely mine, drawn from the personal experiences of my dear friends and me. One exception to this is the "Mani-look out for this" post, which I got in a forward.

Gokul S said...

Osssssssum poem da !!

Parthiban said...

Rams dear,
U r going great. I thought of doing a google on the lines, but felt ashamed and left the thought. I got reminded of the "The Road not Taken".

Ananth said...

Dei Rams,
My prophecy is getting true after all. A housefull of poets!
Really great poem. I didn't do a google to find out the real poet. The words spoke out for themselves.
Keep it going.
Pistu machan nee.

Meera said...

Wonderful !!!

Arvind Sharma said...

Amazing words..to be honest I really didnt think until I read the comments that this would be yours. You are a bag of surprises Rama:). Waiting for more:):)

Maha said...

great lines... really a nice going


Work From Home India