Friday, December 31, 2004

A new year...

A new year...

Doesn't give me a million dollars...
Doesn't give me a lenient boss...
Doesn't give me a ravishing girl...
Doesn't give me an European tour...

But it does give me an oppurtunity to call up dear ones to say that I do care for them...Happy new year!

Today is New year's eve and I find hoards of advertisements for pubs and midnight parties. They charge exorbitant amounts in the order of thousands for a few hours. It is for these clubs and card makers that the new year is indeed very happy. I've never seen such partying till my graduation. Entering into the professional world, I find myself in a totally alien environment.Honestly speaking, I feel that a lot of these partying stuff has been thrusted upon us by the Western culture because for none of the festive occasions I know do people booze and dance till they lose their senses.

For me, a new year doesn't mean anything great. The sun is still goin to rise in the east. The boss is still going to grumble at me. The beggar is still going to ask for that elusive one rupee from me. Everything is the same. It just gives me an oppurtunity to renew the contacts rusted by the daily bustle of my professional life. For all my dear ones,

Happy new year!


No comments: