Thursday, December 29, 2005

Changing times...

Another New Year is round the corner...Let me try to recollect my New year experiences...Nothing memorable happened it seems. A few vague memories that still linger are

1. Staying late night, turning a deaf ear to my Mom's words, watching DD-1 top 10 songs of the year, with bated breath, anticipating Rahman's number to top the chart. I can remember that night when Chayya chayya topped the charts of the year.

2. In the year 2000, I was writing a Mock-JEE paper at 12 in the night when my friend Ashwin called up to wish. His astounded words still linger..."Dei...celebrate panradha vittuttu ennada test ezhudhitrukke..."

3. In the year 2002, I was in the TV room of the second year hostel, Anna University shuttling between the few windows to catch a glimpse of the fireworks that were underway in the nearby Adyar golf grounds.

And that is all I am able to recollect. Well this year, I'll be in Madurai at my home for the new year and the new year is going to open with a bang for me with the Bhava Spandana (I mentioned in a few posts before).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Ahh yes... People always come up with the list of bests at the end of every year. What were the bests for me :-?

1. Getting introduced to Isha Yoga
2. The effects of yoga on me: both physical and mental.
3. The time spent together with my gang of friends and of course, the wonderful lunches and dinners they prepare. Many a times I have felt it to be Hostel-Life-Part-II.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A small anecdote from my recent Mahabaleshwar trip (only for Tamil-savvy people;-)

We were on our way to Pune from Hyderabad in a Volvo bus. The lights were switched off. JP was sitting by my side while Vimal and Anbu were sitting behind me.

Anbu (to Vimal) : Dei, un water bottle-la innum evlo thanni irukku?
Me (to JP) : Ennada idhu loosuthanamaa kekraan...Idha kaettu enna panna poraan?
JP : Avanukku avasaramaa varudhu pola da !

6 comments:

Anand K said...

yes.. what u say abt new year resolutions is applicable to me too.. esp the DD part!!

and great anecdote abt the bus trip.. we all have incidents like this which makes life that much more interesting!!

Anonymous said...

mokka change ur display pic on this blog da it's like a photo the police guys take b4 they send u to jail

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

hmm interesting. gimme ur yahoo id..

Rams said...

Thanks for all ur replies...

@Anand: I'll post a few more anecdotes from the trip da...I am trying to note down such funny incidents in my mind for the greater junta here in blogosphere.

@Anonymous: I really enjoyed your comment on that side-looking-photo. Hav changed it with something else :-)

Hariks said...

What abt the incidents of your first new year after coming to this industry?

I too used to have enjoyments watching TV for "the best of the years" before coming to work. After that no interests in those things. :(

Maha said...

interesting post yar....

thanks..


Work From Home India