Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"The war of the Words"

There's an addictive pass time, which I would call "The war of the Words", about which I'm going to write here. This wasn't introduced to me; so you may call me to be the ingenious behind this "phenomenon" ;-). It is the messenger chat, same as any other chat [read as "vetti"], but a lot more defamatory, abusive, offensive, profane...(whatever you may call). Either of the chatter begins the conversation with an abusive word and it just goes on, sometimes with a duel of profanities fired from both sides, sometimes meaningless words and at some other times rhyming words.

A "riot of rhymes" in vetti chat will be something like
#1: "Dei panni"
#2: "ennada thanni"
#1: "poda venni"
#2: "adinggga... ;-)"

"Star wars" is the one where all unparliamentary words (the *ed words) are exchanged in a matter of few seconds. The name, by now, should be self explanatory.

There's another kind where LEG-PULLING is the sole aim. I'll paste a conversation I had with banti today...

Ramasamy: when r the results coming out?
Parthi: I dont know
Ramasamy: dei,u shud be knowing da
Parthi: how da
Ramasamy: coz u took the test
Parthi: i took the test? u?
Ramasamy: rn't u anxious to know if u r HIV +ve or NOT
=))
muhuhuhaahaahaa
Parthi: ohhhh that one, eh?
new virus found
VIH
Very Interesting Human
Ramasamy: FO

OK, now, the important part. Why these inanities (or insanities)? I find it refreshing. There's absolutely no meaning/emotions/significance attached to the words exchanged. As a matter of fact, this chat actually happens with those who are really close to me (that is, who understand I don't mean what I say ;-)).

I've heard back from people that they found it relieving when they have a short 3 minute conversation like this. It is a kind of stress reliever. More often, you end up laughing like anything. In case you people are interested, you can try these too ;-)

p.s: No awards for guessing what FO means ;-)

2 comments:

Anand said...

=)) dei allu... too much.. paavam da banti...

Anonymous said...

VIH - Very Interesting Human.
Wow! Like that creativity!