Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The story of onions...

Once upon a time, there were three friends: an onion, a tomato and a carrot. They were goody goody friends and they land up in a cinema theater on most of the weekends. They planned to go to the theater and started on their way. As they stood on the other side of the huge lane that separated them from the theater, enthusiasm started bubblingin the three.

Just as they were about to cross the road, a toddler stepped over the tomato..and lo...tomato was gone :-(
Before the two could realise what had happened, the toddler, who had stopped to see what had made his shoes wet, caught sight of the carrot. In no time, he was walking away with the carrot in the mouth.

Onion's heart was overflowing with sorrow at the loss of his dear friends and started giving vent to his misery. He was crying 24x7. finally God appeared before him and asked how he could help him out. Then Onion, amidst his sobs, said "Dear God, this man has made me friendless. He has taken away my best friends. So, whenever he troubles me, he should cry for what he did."

And god said "So, be it!!!!! Whenever man kills onions, he'll cry for it".

That's why tears flow whenever we cut the onions !!!!!

This is one of my favorite stories I use for children. I cook the story based on the situation I narrate them. For eg, when I was telling this to my niece (Seethu), she wanted to see Harry Potter. So I used the cinema name, theater name, the road names and other related stuff to make up for an interesting and familiar background. I am considered a good story teller, though I know not the verity of these claims ;-) Try these techniques and I hope they work for you too...

**This story is not mine. I read/heard it during my childhood days and just propagating the same.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great story.i enjoyed most.childrens will enjoy a lot

Aravind said...

Hey.. u had asked for the winamp karaoke plugin.. Download it from here.. there are many different plugins like this.. this is just one of them :)

http://www.download.com/Vocal-Remover-Winamp-/3000-2169_4-10254946.html

Maha said...

great going yar.....


Work From Home India