Sunday, December 11, 2005

Am indebted...

Today, just as I am writing this post, the time is 20.35, Sunday. Location- My office cubicle. After we shifted to our own campus, I rarely come to office on the weekends. But why am I sitting here in front of my computer. It's because I couldn't restrain the magical influence of A.R.Rahman. Rahman's latest flick "Rang de basanti" has released this Friday and that's precisely the reason I am here...to listen to the songs. The lack of any kind of MP3 player/ CD player at home is pretty much felt.

Of late, Rahman had been working for a lot of period movies and the songs were mostly situation based. Though they gelled well with the movie, it didn't catch the mass appeal for most of the time. But this time ARR has done a commercial one, with lots of strings and flashy numbers. As usual, there's a good deal of experimentation as well.

Coming to the crux of this post, from the time Roja released, this humble spirit from Madras has held me by a strong mesmerising power. I can't imagine a day without this Legend's music. Such an ingenious he is, I just don't have words to express my gratitude for this highly talented genious. I don't think many will refute me if I say that his music forms an integral part of our lives. Dear Rahmanji, we are all so indebted to you. Many a times I consider myself really lucky in this aspect, to have lived through the musical journey of Rahman. May the almighty bless Rahman and his music a very long memorable journey...

I've got to leave homeward now...Dragging myself away from the charm of ARR with loads of reluctance pulling down my legs.

"Lukka Chuppii..."

p.s: The above song is one of the best melodies I've heard of late, rendered by Shri Lata Mangeshkar and ARR himself in RDB :-)

4 comments:

Anand said...

heard that RDB is superb...innum naan kekalai.... ARR rocks... i think i hear atleast one song of ARR daily :)

Vani Viswanathan said...

waaaaaaah...
i still haven't got the cd! can't wait to hear the songs! should catch them online asap...
and same pinch for our interests! :)

Fathima Sagar said...

Lukka Chuppi is just wonderful

Maha said...

great going yar.. carry on...

Work From Home India