Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random stuff

My friend was referring to how incongruent many of my older posts were, when compared to the present. Very true. Many of them are crap. That is precisely the reason why I started blogging. To track how this mind had been thinking at various points in time. How a traitor it is, on whom I had relied on for too long.

V-day... I don't attribute any great signifcance to this day. Well, but I did get a very precious gift. I got to hear "Mood Kaapi" from Maestro. This is the orchestral version of the "Thumbi vaa" song from "Olangal", a malayalam movie. The orchestral version is way too far ahead of the original song. This was the piece that had bought tears to me when I first heard it a few years back in Ilayaraja's concert in chennai. There is something so deep in this song that moves something deep within me. If I were to choose to listen to one last song before I lose my hearing, it would be this!

With my music player, I am able to hear very subtle and minute sounds. This is a treat, especially in Rahman's songs. Everytime I hear one of his songs, though I might have heard it for 100 times before, a new sound pops now and then, very often. I can't help the goosebumps that come up, during those times, partly in response to the new sound, while partly in response to the deep dedication and effort he puts into every song of his.

Feel blessed to be in the era of 2 great composers...

Got to speak with a "friend" of mine who is visiting US for a brief period of time. Whenever I speak with her or her hubby or some other friends of hers, the questions they ask me, somehow linger too long to trouble me out of my comfort zones... Hmmm....

Lack of clarity, lack of will to move out of comfort zone, vasanas, sticking to the tools, awaiting with hope...

3 comments:

Deepak said...

Rams, what player do you use?

Anand said...

"lack of will to move out of comfort zone, vasanas" - So true! Ugh...

Unknown said...

ya that all are true facts...

Work from home India