Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Smell of sorts...

Have you ever noticed the peculiar smell those old temples have. The one that I can relate to immediately is Meenakshi amman kovil. There's a peculiar smell in many of the places within the temple. Especially in those places where the abishekam waters collect. It is an amalgamation of the various offerings that ranges from milk to ghee to panneer to curd to tender coconut to chandanam to panjamirtham to vibhuthi to so many other things....

Well, today I am constantly smelling around a similar smell around me. And the reason being I processed my rudraksh today after a long time. The processing, that involves ghee and milk (and eventually curd) and vibhuthi produces that smell eventually. A lovely smell to be around with :)

2 comments:

Deepak said...

Until I read your 2nd para, I assumed that you were referring to the smell of bats. Old temples have this smell as well! It's very peculiar and so templish!!

Unknown said...

ya it is special for temples alone yar...



Work from home India